Cheap Pro Performance Speedminton Endorsed by 2004 Wimbledon Champion Maria Sharapova (Sports) Price
Here at Cheap-price.net we have Pro Performance Speedminton Endorsed by 2004 Wimbledon Champion Maria Sharapova at a terrific price. The real time price may actually be cheaper- click on the 'Buy Now' above to check the realtime price of Pro Performance Speedminton Endorsed by 2004 Wimbledon Champion Maria Sharapova at Amazon.com.
CHEAP-PRICE.NET's Cheap Price: $19.99|
Speedminton is a high-energy game representing a new dimension in extreme racquet sports that combines tennis, badminton, and racquetball. Easy to learn for beginners, many advanced players enjoy the complexity involved in its mastery. This game can be played anywhere by using the dimensions of a tennis court (although you don't need a net to play). Fun and portable like badminton yet Speedminton is an aerobic and competitive sport like racquetball.
Three different Speeders allow for different types of play:
- Fun Speeder can be used by beginners or for recreational volleys on the beach or in a park.
- Match Speeder is for fast and competitive play.
- Night Speeder is modified so that a Speedlight can be inserted at the base.
The set includes
- Two Speedracquets made of high-quality, extruded aluminum for maximum durability
- Three Speeders made from patented, aerodynamic materials, each for a different kind of play
- Four Speedlights for up to three hours of after-dark play
- One Speedbag for carrying portability
- One Wind Ring for all-weather play
- One Easy Court, which includes weighted sandbags and cords to provide the court boundaries for competitive play
A Speedlight glows for up to three hours of after-dusk play. This type of play, called Blackminton, can be seen in parks in Berlin and across Europe. An Easy Court comes with the Speedminton set so competitive play can be set up anywhere.
Speedmintons inventor, Bill Brandes, spent years perfecting the proprietary materials that went into the Speeders as well as the unique shape to the Speedminton racquet. In May 2001, three enthusiastic racquet sportsmen founded Speedminton GmbH in Germany. Their purpose was to broaden the marketing and sales of this entirely new sport--speed badminton. Today, only the cone-shaped appearance of the Speeder is reminiscent of badminton, as the Speedminton has taken on its own identity.
How to Play Speedminton
|Speedminton can be played on a portable Easy Court|
- The Easy Court--This portable court allows you to set up just about anywhere outside. Ideal for grass, the beach or street play. The Easy Court comes with rubber lines and corner anchors. Squares are 18 feet wide, 42 feet apart.
- A Tennis Court--Competitive match play can easily be played on a standard tennis court (no net is required). Simply extend the center lines to the edges to create a 18 by 18 foot square. Two matches can be played at once or four players can play doubles.
|Speedminton can also be played using a tennis court|
- Players draw for service (winner may elect to serve or receive, or choose to play at a particular end of the court; loser makes the remaining choice).
- A player who scores serves the next point.
- The server must be behind the front service line, and the speeder must be hit below the server's waist with the racquet head below the server's hand (overhead service is permitted behind the back service line).
- Once Speeder is in play, the point continues with players attempting to hit the Speeder back and forth.
- A player wins point by hitting the Speeder to the floor or ground of the opponent's "box" (the line is considered to be in bounds), or if an opponent fails to keep the Speeder in play.
- The first side scoring 15 points wins a game, unless both sides reach 14 points. In this case, play continues until one side achieves a two-point advantage, and the side that is trailing has the serve.
- A Speed Badminton match is played as best-of-five games, with losing side having first service in the next game.
- Players change sides after each game.
- The doubles match is played on two adjacent Speed Courts.
- Players draw for service (winner may elect to serve or receive or choose to play at a particular end of the court; loser makes the remaining choice).
- Players always serve cross-court diagonally, beginning from the right-hand box.
- Points are awarded just as in singles play.
- When the serving side scores, it retains the serve and switches boxes for the next point, while opponents remain in the same positions.
- Once the serve has been returned, all players can move freely.
- When the returning side scores, it has the serve and player in the right-hand box serves first.
- Teams must alternate servers each time it wins back the serve, regardless of which box each is playing.
| CATEGORY: || Sports |
| MANUFACTURER: || Pro Performance Sports |
| FEATURES: || Set includes two Speedracquets, three Speeders, four Speedlights, one Speedbag, one Wind Ring, and one Easy Court with weighted sandbags and cords, High-energy game that combines the best of tennis, badminton, and racquetball, Play day or night, indoors or out, using the dimensions of a tennis court, Easy to learn for beginners, Fun and portable, Speedminton is also an aerobic and competitive sport |
| MEDIA: || Unknown Binding |
| ACCESSORIES: || |
| UPC: || 831345005005 |
Customer Review of Pro Performance Speedminton Endorsed by 2004 Wimbledon Champion Maria Sharapova
Racquetball sized racquets + badminton style "birdie" + tennis-like layout (minus the net)
>This is a fun and portable game..... and gets high marks for fun-for-the-buck.
>I have played outdoors, but, if you could find a tennis-court sized indoor venue..... you would be set. You really do need a bit o' space. This is a longer (and higher) hitting game than badminton.
>I recommmend it highly. I have played tennis, squash, racquetball and badminton and think that if you are not OVERLY dedicated to any one these sports in their pure forms.... that you will like this "version" of the racquet-sports game.
>Someone took the time to redesign the good old-fashioned badminton shuttle, giving it a heavier and VERY lively solid rubber (urethane?) tip and a "squatter" overall form-factor (better aerodynamics) which allows longer distance hits. The speeder's construction, symmetrical and consistent, yields accurate flight.
>Your only worries, here, are two:
>1= wind. The "speeders" fly better in the wind than traditional shuttles, but there is a point where wind takes over play. An o-ring they provide does add extra weigh for windy conditions.... but the wind will win in the end if it is gusty.
>2 = speeder destruction. The things last pretty well, especially if you don't play too much in the wind.... which seems to promote off-center and "backwards" hits.... and if you don't try to hit them "on the bounce." I can't resist scooping the bouncing/skipping/skimming shots, and, this too tends to crush and tear the cage-end of the speeder.
>I have had good experiences with the Pro Performance folks themselves via phone and email.
>Personal favorite = The "match speeder" with the wind ring. I like the ease of flight of this heavy and fast set-up, and find the orange tip easier to see against a variety of backdrops.
Good Fun, Great Exercise!
If you like badminton, you'll really enjoy speedminton! It's very portable and no net required, so it is easy and fast to set up. Everything you need is included in the box. The nite time option is really neat, though we did have difficulty inserting the glow stick into the birdie the first time around. I highly recommend this item, it is a wonderful way to get exercise and have fun doing it too!
great fun !!!
This game is great fun. It is good for those who find tennis exhausting and difficult, but at the same time find badminton to be too easy. I was surprised by the good quality racquets and birdies. One concern though is that the night speeder is hard to see even with that glow in the dark thing. You'll have to find a really really dark place in order to see it fine. a really really dark place in order to see it fine.
| Cheap Certified Diamond (Round, Very Good cut, .50 carats, I color, I1 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price |
| Cheap Certified Diamond (Round, Very Good cut, 2.01 carats, D color, VS2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price |
| Cheap Averatec AV3250H1-01 12.1" Notebook PC (AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) Price |
| Cheap Factory-Reconditioned IBM ThinkPad T30 236661U 14" Notebook PC (Intel Pentium 4-M Processor "1.6 GHz", 256 MB RAM, 30 GB Hard Drive, DVD) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Professional) Price |
| Cheap Factory-Reconditioned Hewlett Packard Pavilion M1080N PC099AR Desktop PC (Pentium 4 Processor "3.2 GHz", 512 MB RAM, 250 GB HD, DVD RW) (Personal Computer) (Microsoft XP Media Center Edition) Price |
| Cheap Certified Diamond (Round, Very Good cut, .83 carats, G color, VS2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price |
| Cheap Averatec AV5500-EA1 15" Notebook PC (AMD Sempron 2600+ Mobile Processor 256 MB RAM 40 GB Hard Drive DVD/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price |
| Cheap Acer Computer LX.T5106.109 Pentium M725 1.6GHZ,512MB,80GB (Personal Computer) Price |
| Cheap PCS Phone palmOne Treo 650 (Sprint) (Wireless) Price |
| Cheap Averatec AV6210HX60-01 Notebook PC (AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price |
| Cheap Certified Diamond (Pear, Fair cut, 2.24 carats, G color, SI2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price |
| Cheap Apple Mac mini M9687LL/A (G4 1.42 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) Price |
| Cheap HP Pavilion a810n Desktop PC (AMD Athlon XP 3300+ Processor, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, Dbl Layer 16X DVD+/-RW/CR-RW Drive, CD-ROM Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price |
| Cheap Averatec AV3250PX-01 12.1" Notebook PC (Athlon XP-M 2200+, 512MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Dual DVD+/-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Professional) Price |
| Cheap Averatec AV3500T60-01 Tablet PC (AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Tablet PC Edition) Price |
| Cheap Nikon D50 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor Lens (Electronics) Price |
| Cheap Weber 2005 6750001 Genesis Gold C Propane, Stainless Steel (Lawn & Patio) Price |
| Cheap Certified Diamond (Emerald, Very Good cut, 1.26 carats, H color, SI2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price |
| Cheap IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook PC (1.70 GHz Pentium M (Centrino), 40 GB Hard Drive) 23734WU (Personal Computer) Price |
| Cheap Weber 2005 Model 6740001 Genesis Gold B Propane, Stainless Steel (Lawn & Patio) Price |
| Cheap Factory-Reconditioned IBM ThinkPad T30 236641U 14" Notebook PC (Intel Pentium 4 Processor "1.82 GHz", 256 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD) (Personal Computer) (Windows 2000) Price |
| Cheap Averatec AV3220H1-01 Amd Athlon XP-M 2000+/256MB (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price |
| Cheap DEWALT DC6KITA 18-Volt 6 Tool Cordless Combo Kit (Home Improvement) Price |
| Cheap QuickBooks Pro 2005 (5-USER) (Software) (Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP) Price |
| Cheap Friendly Robotics RL800 Robomower (Home Improvement) Price |
the is in
for a used