Cheap Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition (Software) (Mac OS X, Macintosh) Price
Here at Cheap-price.net we have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition at a terrific price. The real time price may actually be cheaper- click on the 'Buy Now' above to check the realtime price of Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition at Amazon.com.
CHEAP-PRICE.NET's Cheap Price: $129.99|
Homework and Home Work will be easier than ever with Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition. Get better results faster and create high-quality documents you can be proud of, with less frustration and more enjoyment.
| Five Great Reasons to Get Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition: |
Universal applications: Office 2008 runs natively on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs.
Intuitive interface: Reduce the time and frustration of learning new software and creating documents with visual galleries that present the right tools when you need them.
Your Mac, more compatible: Office 2008 for Mac and Windows-based 2007 Office products share the Open XML file formats and features like the Office Art graphics engine, so you'll be confident when sharing documents with colleagues, friends, and family across platforms.
Beautiful documents: Good design is a click away with hundreds of new templates, Smart Art graphics, Publishing Layout View, and professional quality clip art and photos.
Priced for home users: Don't need Microsoft Exchange Server Support or workflow management? Home and student users pay for just the features they need. Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition comes with three licenses of non-Exchange-enabled Office 2008 licensed for noncommercial computers.
Which Version of Office 2008 is right for you? View this comparison chart.
Simplify Your Work
Your presentation will make an impact. Your documents will be professional. Your analysis will be insightful. And Office 2008 will be there.
The latest version of the industry standard for productivity software on the Macintosh platform, Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac is more powerful and easier to use. Office 2008 combines Microsoft Word for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac, Microsoft Excel for Mac, Microsoft Entourage for Mac, and Microsoft Messenger for Mac and lets you easily create high-impact documents and seamlessly share your ideas with others, whether they are on the Mac or Windows platform.
What's New in Office for Mac?
- Universal versions of the most popular productivity applications on the Macintosh platform (Universal applications run natively on Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs.)
- Microsoft Office for Mac natively supports the Open XML file formats for compatibility with Windows-based 2007 Microsoft Office products.
- A redesigned user interface and powerful new tools for simplifying work, creating great looking documents, and exchanging ideas and information with others.
Highlights of Office 2008 for Mac
- Office 2008 is a Universal Binary, was built by Mac users for Mac users, and includes many features which take advantage of underlying technologies of the Macintosh platform.
- Office 2008 uses Open XML file formats for compatibility with Windows-based 2007 Microsoft Office products. XML file formats help reduce the risk of lost information due to damaged or corrupted files and also result in smaller file sizes--up to 75 percent smaller than comparable binary documents. Office 2008 for Mac is backward-compatible with earlier file formats and users can continue to use the older .doc, .xls, and .ppt binary formats.
- Elements Gallery is the foundation of the new user interface, and gives easy access to the most commonly used tools and templates. With the new UI, you'll harness the capabilities of Office for Mac more easily than ever before.
- Office 2008 includes OfficeArt, the powerful graphics engine also used in the Windows-based Office 2007 products. You get great cross-platform file fidelity and easy access to stunning visual and graphic effects.
- Your words will make an impact with the modern styling of SmartArt graphics, which makes transforming text and bulleted lists into professional diagrams and graphics one-click easy.
- A new Themes capability simplifies the process of applying a consistent look and feel across documents. Easily apply a complete set of colors, fonts, and effects to your Office 2008 documents, and change them as easily as changing your mind.
- Automator Actions for Workflows in Microsoft Office enables you to automate Office 2008 with more than 70 pre-defined actions built to simplify your work and extend your productivity. (Available in Office 2008 for Mac and Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition.)
Entourage 2008, the hub of Office 2008, helps it to happen, one task at a time.
Enjoy powerful new tools, over 100 designer templates, rich themes, and an intuitive user interface in Word 2008.
Your e-mails will spark ideas, you'll schedule meetings where creativity abounds. Entourage 2008, the hub of Office 2008, helps it to happen, one task at a time.
- My Day keeps you connected to the action. Schedules, tasks, and priorities in one easy, standalone interface. Time will have no choice but to be well-managed.
- Use color-coded categories, status indicators, and flexible To-Do list management humble even the most hectic schedules.
- Office 2008 for Mac and Office 2008 Special Media Edition enable users to access their Microsoft Exchange server accounts with Entourage.
- Improved Junk E-Mail filtering capabilities and phishing protection tools help shield your inbox from the scourge of junk. Your inbox will breathe a sigh of relief.
- Projects submit to your superior management skills when you unleash the power of Project Center, With project details like e-mail messages, documents, schedules, and contacts in one convenient place, Project Center helps keep your information--and your stress--under control.
Powerful new tools, over 100 designer templates, rich themes, and an intuitive user interface in Word 2008 will help you to make your ideas look as good as they are.
- When you turn blah into brilliant, Publishing Layout View will elevate the way you think about Word 2008. This new specialized and customizable workspace lets users create incredibly rich documents such as newletters, flyers and brochures without a degree in design.
- Great looking document construction won't require a hard hat. New Templates, Themes, and Document Elements like cover pages and bibliographies make creating professional-looking output a snap.
- Your words will make an impact with the modern styling of SmartArt, which makes transforming text into high-quality graphics and diagrams as easy as one click.
- Dynamic Guides will help you keep all of your words and graphics in line and on point.
- Mass mailings will have a personal touch and Word 2008 Mail Merge Manager will guide you step by easy step.
Inspire your audience's imagination with compelling visuals and engaging layout in PowerPoint 2008.
Analyze, share, and manage your data, and easily create persuasive charts and thought-provoking graphs for powerful results with Excel 2008.
Your presentation is a story. PowerPoint 2008 will illustrate it. Inspire your audience's imagination with compelling visuals and engaging layout.
- Great ideas will get their graphic due with SmartArt graphics in PowerPoint 2008. Start with a blank slide or a bulleted list, and, with a click of a button, you'll have a stunning chart, table, map, or diagram.
- Designer Themes help you give your presentation a creative look, simply and quickly.
- The new Object Palette allows quick access to all your shapes, art, symbols, and pictures--including iPhoto files--in one easy-to-access space.
- Dynamic Guides will help you place and resize your graphic element to create professional-looking presentations in a snap.
- You'll lay out custom designs to showcase your unique content with custom layout capabilities in PowerPoint 2008.
- PowerPoint 2008 integration with Apple Remote Control lets you concentrate on your words, not your keyboard. Now control your presentation and engage your audience unleashed from the podium.
It's a numbers game. With Excel 2008, analyze, share, and manage your data, and easily create persuasive charts and thought-provoking graphs for powerful results.
- Ledger Sheets in Excel 2008 make tracking finances, inventories, even invoices and portfolios easy with preformulated spreadsheets and automatic calculations.
- Charting improvements artfully convey the message your data is telling. You'll see your numbers in a whole new way.
- The new prebuilt functions tackle the most common tasks and make creating error-free complex conditional formulas easier.
- Quick access to formulas makes functions more functional with Formula Builder in Excel 2008.
- Your data will know virtually no limits. Excel 2008 now supports over 16,000 columns and over 1 million rows.
- Whether you're an Excel expert or a complete novice, Excel 2008 Formula AutoComplete simplifies your calculations by providing a dynamic pop-up menu so you can select and complete your formula.
Messenger for Mac
Convenience is the name of the game for Mac users who want to communicate instantly with family, friends and colleagues from one convenient place. Messenger for Mac is now a Universal application, and gives you more ways to share what's on your mind or on your plate.
Use Messenger for Mac to instantly check the status of project team members, streamline workflow by sending documents directly from Word, or offer questions or comments on document changes instantly.
- Yahoo! Interoperability will allow personal users to connect and message with Yahoo! Messenger for Mac users.
- Your intentions will never again be in doubt when you create your own custom emoticons in Messenger for Mac.
- Spelling Checker is now included in Messenger for Mac.
- Let the world know your tastes when you display your iTunes selection with the new "What I'm listening to now" feature.
| PLATFORM: || Mac OS X, Macintosh |
| CATEGORY: || Software |
| MANUFACTURER: || Microsoft |
| FEATURES: || DVD-ROM, Streamlined user interface runs natively on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs, Open XML file formats, the Office Art graphics engine, and other features that result in compatibility and file fidelity, Professional design is within your power with hundreds of new customizable templates and suite-wide themes, SmartArt graphics, and the new Publishing Layout View in Word 2008, My Day keeps you connected to all of the day's action. Command your calendar, tackle your tasks, and simplify your day, Includes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage |
| MEDIA: || DVD-ROM |
| MPN: || GZA-00006 |
| UPC: || 882224526302 |
Customer Review of Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition
Need DVD Player
I am very disappointed and will need to return. I thought the application was on a CD and it turned out to be a DVD which I can't use on my laptop.
Universal - Good, Features - Bad, Menus - Ugly...
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Microsoft 2008...
>The Good. It is now Universal Binary - if you have an Intel Mac, you'll see a major speed improvement - Office 2004 was dog-slow on my Intel Mac (2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 2 MacBook Pro) due to the need for Rosetta translation. Initial start-up of all the Office 2008 programs is still very slow - maybe even slower than Office 2004. Once open and running, the speed difference finally becomes apparent.
>The Bad. Many features went out the window. If you use Office special features, a lot of them are no longer available. Some of the features I noticed that were missing include: Visual BASIC, some macro functions, Data Analysts Toolpack (from Excel), and PowerPoint does something to the graphics (I think it changes the format altogether) so you can't do any editing after you enter them into a presentation.
>Functionality. I was hoping that this version would include a lot of the functionality that the Windows version has - Outlook features especially. I am looking at giving Apple's Mail program another try to see if it is worth using it as well as the integrated Calendar and Address Book applications instead of Entourage. Pre-Leopard, Apple's Mail program fell short - it is hard to beat Entourage's all-in-one mail, calendar, and address book functions. I haven't tried the new version of Apple's Mail yet, but I will give it a try in the near future - when I have time to convert all my mail files. I also noticed Microsoft still hasn't fixed bugs from Office 2004. One big bug to me is if you copy or cut something, then start Office and try to paste it, you can't - Office doesn't see it. You have to have Office open before you copy text or graphics in order to paste it into an Office document.
>Entourage Files. One poor design of Entourage is everything is contained in one large Entourage data file. Apple's Mail program uses many small files - one for each folder and a separate data file for contacts and for calendar events. That way if a file gets corrupted, you don't lose everything. Also it is better for back-ups. With Entourage, the whole file (mine is over 1GB) has to be backed up even though little has changed. With Apple's Mail program, each folder is a separate file so if you store a lot of old emails, you only need to back up the folders with newer mail - a hundred KB instead of a GB. Saves a lot of room on your back-up drive.
>The Ugly. I don't like the major interface change. It is not as intuitive as Office 2004 for Mac or Office 2003 for Windows (Office 2007 for Windows has an interface similar to Office 2008 for Mac). It is like learning Office menus all over again.
>Bottom Line: If you have an Intel-based Mac, it may be worth "upgrading" to Office 2008 for the Universal Binary feature. If you have a PPC Mac, stick with Office 2004. Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft intentionally holds back the development of the Mac versions in an effort to try to switch people from Macs back to Windows. The year-old Windows version is superior in many ways to the Mac version. And Office 2004 is superior in many ways to the newer Office 2008 version.
Word won't Work
I am having a problem with Word. It won't let me retrieve any documents I saved. It then freezes my entire computer. I have talked with MS but they say it is a Mac problem. They don't know what is wrong either.
- Cheap Certified Diamond (Round, Very Good cut, .50 carats, I color, I1 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price
- Cheap Certified Diamond (Round, Very Good cut, 2.01 carats, D color, VS2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price
- Cheap Averatec AV3250H1-01 12.1" Notebook PC (AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) Price
- Cheap Factory-Reconditioned IBM ThinkPad T30 236661U 14" Notebook PC (Intel Pentium 4-M Processor "1.6 GHz", 256 MB RAM, 30 GB Hard Drive, DVD) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Professional) Price
- Cheap Factory-Reconditioned Hewlett Packard Pavilion M1080N PC099AR Desktop PC (Pentium 4 Processor "3.2 GHz", 512 MB RAM, 250 GB HD, DVD RW) (Personal Computer) (Microsoft XP Media Center Edition) Price
- Cheap Certified Diamond (Round, Very Good cut, .83 carats, G color, VS2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price
- Cheap Averatec AV5500-EA1 15" Notebook PC (AMD Sempron 2600+ Mobile Processor 256 MB RAM 40 GB Hard Drive DVD/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price
- Cheap Acer Computer LX.T5106.109 Pentium M725 1.6GHZ,512MB,80GB (Personal Computer) Price
- Cheap PCS Phone palmOne Treo 650 (Sprint) (Wireless) Price
- Cheap Averatec AV6210HX60-01 Notebook PC (AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price
- Cheap Certified Diamond (Pear, Fair cut, 2.24 carats, G color, SI2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price
- Cheap Apple Mac mini M9687LL/A (G4 1.42 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) Price
- Cheap HP Pavilion a810n Desktop PC (AMD Athlon XP 3300+ Processor, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, Dbl Layer 16X DVD+/-RW/CR-RW Drive, CD-ROM Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price
- Cheap Averatec AV3250PX-01 12.1" Notebook PC (Athlon XP-M 2200+, 512MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Dual DVD+/-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Professional) Price
- Cheap Averatec AV3500T60-01 Tablet PC (AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive) (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Tablet PC Edition) Price
- Cheap Nikon D50 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor Lens (Electronics) Price
- Cheap Weber 2005 6750001 Genesis Gold C Propane, Stainless Steel (Lawn & Patio) Price
- Cheap Certified Diamond (Emerald, Very Good cut, 1.26 carats, H color, SI2 clarity) (Loose Stones) Price
- Cheap IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook PC (1.70 GHz Pentium M (Centrino), 40 GB Hard Drive) 23734WU (Personal Computer) Price
- Cheap Weber 2005 Model 6740001 Genesis Gold B Propane, Stainless Steel (Lawn & Patio) Price
- Cheap Factory-Reconditioned IBM ThinkPad T30 236641U 14" Notebook PC (Intel Pentium 4 Processor "1.82 GHz", 256 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD) (Personal Computer) (Windows 2000) Price
- Cheap Averatec AV3220H1-01 Amd Athlon XP-M 2000+/256MB (Personal Computer) (Windows XP Home Edition) Price
- Cheap DEWALT DC6KITA 18-Volt 6 Tool Cordless Combo Kit (Home Improvement) Price
- Cheap QuickBooks Pro 2005 (5-USER) (Software) (Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP) Price
- Cheap Friendly Robotics RL800 Robomower (Home Improvement) Price
Mac Home &
Mac Home &
(Mac OS X,
as 100 be